1. Allen N.A., Shaffer C.A., Watson L.T. (2005). “Building Modelling Tools That Support Verification Validation, and Testing for the Domain Expert,” Proceedings of the 2005 Winter Simulation Conference, Orlando, FL, pp 419–426.
2. ABS, (2017). Guidance notes on Qualifying New Technologies, American Bureau of Shipping, PP 45
3. API 17N, (2014). Recommended Practise for Subsea Production System Reliability, Technical Risk & Integrity Management
4. API 17Q, (2010). Subsea equipment qualification – standardized process for documentation
5. Babuska I, and Oden JT (2004). “Verification and Validation,” Computational Engineering and Science: Basic Concepts. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 193(36–38):4057–4066.
6. Bahill, A.T., and Henderson, S.J. (2005) Requirements Development, Verification, and Validation Exhibited in Famous Failures Systems Engineering, Vol. 8, No. 1.
7. Bureau Veritas, (2010). Risk bases Qualification of New Technology Methodological Guidance, Guidance Note NI 5252 R00E, pp 20.
8. DNV-RP-A203 (2011). Qualification of new technology. Det Norske Veritas, Høvik, Norway.
9. DO-178C, (2011), Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification, FAA
10. Dzida W, Freitag R (1998) Making Use of Scenarios for Validating Analysis and Design. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 24(12):1182–1196.
11. Engel, A. (2010). Verification, Validation, and Testing of Engineered Systems. Wiley.
12. Federal Aviation Administration. Requirements Engineering Management Handbook DOT/FAA/AR-08/32, 2008, last accessed 23/12/2017, available on. http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert/design_approvals/air_software/media/AR-08-32.pdf
13. Feiler, P.H., Goodenough, J.B, Gurfinkel, A., Weinstock, Ch. B., and Wrage, L. (2012), SPECIAL REPORT CMU/SEI-2012-SR-013, Reliability Validation and Improvement Framework Carnegie Mellon University
14. Jagdev H.S, Browne, J, Jordan, P. (1995), Verification and Validation Issues in Manufacturing Models. Computers in Industry 25(3):331–353
15. IAEA-TECDOC-1264, (2001), Reliability assurance programme guidebook for advanced light water reactors.
16. Hother, J.A., and Brian J. Hebert, B.J., (2005), Risk Minimization using Failure Mode Analysis in the Qualification of New Technology - Recent Project, SPE-96335-MS, SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, 9-12 October, Dallas, Texas Experience
17. Hull, E., Jackson, K., and Dick, J. (2002). Requirements Engineering, Springer-Verlag, London.
18. IEC 61508, SC 65A, (2010), Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems in seven parts.
19. IEEE 1220-2005, 2005, reaffirmed in 2011, Standard for Application and Management of the Systems Engineering Process
20. INCOSE 2015. Systems Engineering Handbook – A Guide for System Life Cycle Processes and Activities, version 4.0. Hoboken, NJ, USA: John Wiley and Sons, Inc., ISBN: 978-1-118-99940-0.
21. ISO 9000 (2005) Quality Management Systems: Fundamentals and Vocabulary, ISO organisation
22. ISO 26262 (2014), Functional Safety Standard.
23. ISO/IEC 15288, 2008, Systems Engineering-System Life Cycle Processes
24. ISO/IEC 26702 IEEE Std 1220-2005 First edition 2007-07-15 - ISO/IEC Standard for Systems Engineering - Application and Management of the Systems Engineering Process
25. Lloyds Register, (2017). Guidance Notes for Technology Qualification, Published by Lloyd’s Register group ltd, London, pp43.
26. Königs, S.F., Beier, G., Figge, A., and Stark, R. (2012). “Traceability in Systems Engineering – Review of industrial practices, state-of-the-art technologies and new research solutions,” Elsevier Advanced Engineering Informatics, 26(4), pp 924-940.
27. Melero, L.T.U.H, da S. Silva K.S., Zanette, C., de Araújo E.B., and Mengatti, J., (2011), Calibration and Qualification of equipment in the Pharmaceutical industry, International Nuclear Atlantic Conference, INAC 2011 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, pp 8, https://www.ipen.br/biblioteca/2011/inac/17018
28. NASA, (2007). Systems Engineering Handbook. NASA Technical Report NASA/SP-2007-6105 Rev1, ISBN 978-0-16-079747-7, Washington, DC, USA.
29. OREDA (2009). Offshore Reliability Data. Det Norske Veritas, Høvik, Norway, 5th edition.
30. Pecht, M. (1993). “Design for qualification,” Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium
31. Plant R, Gamble R (2003) Methodologies for the Development of Knowledge-based Systems. Knowledge Engineering Review 18(1):47–81.
32. Rausand, M. and Høyland, A. (2004). System Reliability Theory: Models, Statistical Methods, and Applications, PP 664.
33. Todde,S., Peitl, P.K., Elsinga, P., Koziorowski, J., Ferrari, V., Ocak, E.M., O. Hjelstuen, O., Patt,M., Mindt,T.L. and Behe, M., (2017) Guidance on validation and qualification of processes and operations involving radiopharmaceuticals, EJNMMI Radiopharmacy and Chemistry, 2:8 https://ejnmmipharmchem.springeropen.com/track/pdf/10.1186/s41181-017-0025-9?site=ejnmmipharmchem.springeropen.com
34. Viola, N., Corpino, S., Fioriti, M. and Stesina, F., (2012). Functional Analysis in Systems Engineering: Methodology and Applications, Systems Engineering - Practice and Theory, Boris Cogan (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-51-0322-6, In Tech, last accessed 23/12/2017, Available from http://www.intechopen.com/books/systemsengineering-practice-and-theory/functional-analysis-in-systems-engineering-methodology-and-application
35. Woody, C., Ellison, R. and Nichols, W., (2014), Quality and Reliability Measures, CMU/SEI-2014-TN-026, Carnegie Mellon University, http://www.sei.cmu.edu
36. WHO- (2016) World Health Organization, Annex 4, “Supplementary guidelines on good manufacturing practice: validation”. HTTP:// www.who.int/medicines/areas/quality_safety/quality_assurance/validation-without_appendices_2016_05_17. pdf?ua=1. Accessed 23/12/ 2017.
37. Yasseri S. (2013). “Subsea system readiness level assessment” Int. Journal of Underwater Technology 31: 77–92
38. Yasseri S., (2014). “Application of system engineering to subsea development,” Int. Journal of Underwater Technology,32:93–109
39. Yasseri S., 2014, “A measure of subsea readiness level development,” Int. Journal of Underwater Technology 32:93–109
40. Yasseri S. (2015). “Evidence-based subsea engineering,” Int. Journal of Underwater Technology Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 93–109,
41. Yasseri S. Bahai, H and Yasseri, R., (2018). “A Systems Engineering Framework for Delivering Reliable Subsea Equipment, 2018-TPC-035, ISOPE 2018, Japan. Accepted for publication
42. Youngblood, S. M., and Pace, D. K., (1995), “An Overview of Model and Simulation Verification, Validation, and Accreditation,” Johns Hopkins APL Tech. Dig. 16(2), 197–206.